Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Jen's 28th Birthday

Dear Diary,

Well, today I finally have a minute to recoup and regroup.  I have been working an entirely exhausting work week/month.  Yesterday was my birthday, and to celebrate, I pulled a 17-hour work day!  Woo hoo!!  I did not spend it alone, though.  My trusty accomplice, co-worker, and friend was there alongside, Jon Guinn.  His sister-in-law, Rachel, whipped up a gourmet breakfast sandwich in a style that sounds French and I can't remember exactly the name.  All I know is that Jon and I looked it up online because his wife, Sarah wouldn't tell him what it was we were eating and we read about raw pig vesicles, something or other...Yummy stuff, whatever it was.

That morning, I started off the day at the Bonneville County Courthouse, paying a speeding ticket from a week previous (Welcome to Idaho and Happy Birthday).  The woman behind the glass made me wait for at least an hour, even though both her and I were there early, to open the doors and start serving me.  Did I mention I had to walk though a metal detector?  Oh, yes, I did feel like packing that day, but fought the urge.

My life is work these days.  I am working on an elementary school in Afton, Wyoming.  Our 35% drawing set is due really soon.  Well, it was due last month and we're rushing to complete it for the school district.  

Joel and I miss each other, but we're spending some real quality time tonight together side by side, him on his laptop and me on the iMac blogging.  Heh heh.  Gotta love 2008.

No comments: