Saturday, October 11, 2008

General Conference



Lindley, Brad, Jennifer, and Joel all went down to Salt Lake City for the 178th Semiannual General Conference of the church.  We got to see all the crazies prowling around on temple square.  The conference draws a pretty big anti-Mormon group of protesters there on temple square twice a year.  Some wear body-size signs, some hold six-foot tall crosses that say "Jesus is Lord" and "The Bible is God's Word", some wear white robes with devil masks over there faces and wave to the people saying "thank you, thank you for coming", and some stand with bibles held up high over their head saying "come to the true christ."

It was a wonderful experience being in that massive conference center where there's no bad seat and plenty of paintings, statues, and sculptures to look at.  The whole roof of the building is a garden with plants, flowers, trees, waterfalls, and shrubbery.  It truly is a great and marvelous gathering of the saints to hear from the prophets of the Lord.  Unfortunately we did not get any pictures of us at the conference center. 

4 comments:

Christine said...

Love the blog, I'm so excited that you started one! Yay! Sounds like Conference was eventful... I guess I'm still "new" at being a member (is 10 years new?) but I had no idea there were protesters at temple square during conference... crazy!!

denny said...

Thanks for the invitation to your blog. It looks good.
Bishop Fillmore

Shaylen said...

That is way cool! I am hoping that one conference while we are here we will get to go a session or two. Hey I am way excited I found your blog (thanks to christine's blog)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I am so excited! Now we can have another blog friend! Oh, and I am really jealous that you went to conference!