Sunday, October 26, 2008

BYU-I 77th Ward Halloween Party



I can't say I didn't try.  This Halloween, Joel and I decided to get the most gnarly pumpkin in the lot.  We went to Broulim's, a local grocery store, and we picked out a 20-25 pounder.  We first started looking for the typical, round, unblemished specimen, but then, something else called out to us.  On the top of the pile was an oddly shaped, nearly off-balance pumpkin.  I looked at it, and I could almost see quasi modo staring right back at me.  So, I let the pumpkin speak to me, and then I liberated the face that lay dormant within.  And to top it off, we won the pumpkin carving contest at the ward party!  (Uh, hem, we were the only entrants, but that doesn't take away any of the glamour.)  The prize: a cup of Heath Bars.  Yum.

3 comments:

Shaylen said...

I didn't even know about it! Whoops! lol. BUt your pumpkin looked awesome! I am glad that you were able to make it to the party.

Anonymous said...

So we are thinking we really should have our sushi party soon! I am having withdrawals!

bunkkiness said...

You are a born writer and artist! Can't wait to read more!