Friday, August 16, 2013

Emma is 31 months old today.

Emma is 31 months old today. I wanted to remember all the growth she has done since David was born.


She really has grown up so much. In so many ways she is so sweet and lovely, a wonderful older sister, and a beautiful, fun-loving little lady.


She has hit many of the milestones that I've been waiting for: her hair is finally long enough for a ponytail, she and I can have real two-way conversations, she uses the potty on a daily basis, she can follow simple commands, she doesn't fight getting in the carseat, she can pick up and set down a cup without spilling (for the most part), she says and does things on her own accord that I have not taught her, and a number of other things that are so exciting.


She can sing now, too, which is so awesome to me. She has memorized nursery rhymes and lots of songs/tunes. Today she picked up David's toes and spontaneously did "this little piggy". I mean, c'mon! How cute that is because I have never taught her that (she learned it from dad doing it to her).

On a more serious note, this last month she said her first prayer, and all by herself. It's moments like this one that melt my heart.

Words/phrases she is saying:
1) okaaay (long and drawn out, usually after any yes/no question we ask her)
2) Alright! (With one fist raised and a lot of gumption)
3) I hold you (she means "hold me")
4) I broke it
5) I('m) sowee (sorry, she apologizes for things like if she bumps into you or if she falls down, things she doesn't even need to be sorry for)
6) thank you, mama (she is so polite. She says the phrase even when it is the other person who should be saying it, like when I ask her to bring me the TV remote, she gives it to me and excitedly says "thank you")
7) I foun you (I found you, she says in instances when she's lost something/toy but also in situations like when I go into her room in the morning when she wakes up. It's how she greets me sometimes, you know, to change it up.)
8) I wee you (I love you)
9) I heard it (and she stops and points to her ear)
10) can recite/sing/hum "abc song", "we are the alphabet" YouTube song, Dora theme song, Humpty Dumpty, twinkle twinkle little star, Mickey Mouse clubhouse theme song and hotdog song, a bunch of Kindermusik songs, once there was a snowman, hey diddle diddle, here we go round the mulberry bush, plus lots more I can't remember but wished I could.

1 comment:

John and Rachel Erickson said...

Ellie says hold you too! It is pretty cute. I loved it when Ellie recently started singing. It's so fun to see how fast they learn new things now.