Sunday, November 10, 2013

Halloween and Trick or Treating 2013

This Halloween was fun.  Last year, we didn't make it out for reasons I can't remember, but this year was fun for the whole family.

Halloween night family photo.

This year, we had a Trunk or Treat at our church the Friday night before Halloween.  Joel was a matador, the kids were bulls, and I was a fanatical running with the bulls fan.  I am sad I didn't get a picture of us in our costumes; it was a magical moment, let me tell you.  It involved Joel in neon pink stalkings and black ballet slippers.  I even won one of the three awards for the chili cook off.  I never win anything and don't think I'm that good a cook, but I'll take it.

This award was really cute with a red spoon and black ribbon...
before Emma got a hold of it and ripped it.  ;)
The two other awards were "overall best" and "hottest" chili.
As for trick or treating Halloween night, Emma was at an age that she could really enjoy it, and I felt like it wasn't just us bringing a baby around door to door.  Since the whole family didn't dress up, we just put Emma in a dress-up princess costume.  It was slightly big, but still very cute.  We went with some friends and family which was even more fun.

Cousins.  Look at how happy Emma is!





Before we headed out towards the other side of town, we went by a good friend's house, the Whipples. I made sure to photograph Emma's first Halloween door run ever.  She was excited!


























It was also a great first Halloween for David.  No candy for him, just along for the ride.



The first house in this neighborhood was "super spooky", but by the 3rd house or so, Emma had it down to an art: yelling trick or treat, smiling really big while holding up bucket, and excitedly saying "thank yoooou!" Then, on to the next door.  Emma seemed to always lag behind the other kids a bit.  She gets spooked easily and often exclaims, "Wooooaa!" when she is overwhelmed.  (Apparently, she also does this at church when kids around her get too rowdy in nursery, according to her teachers.)

This was the first house.  There was a mummy right beside her that had glowing red eyes.
It also made moaning sounds.  She was fine until it moved..."Yiiike!" as Emma would say.
(My personal favorites are the random hands on the hedges.)




























"Cuh-mon"



At the end of the night, you always have to assess your loot, right? ;)

2 comments:

Traci said...

Oh my cute-ness. Emma is just lovely! Love all the pictures and hearing about your Halloween {oh and your little boy is so adorable, I wish I could come hold him!!} :) Happy November you guys!! :)

Joel, Jennifer and Emma Christopher said...

Thanks, Traci. I enjoyed your kids' costumes on your blog too! How fun. Too bad they couldn't have trick or treated together!